1. What documents do I need to register as a travel business?
1. Application for license to operate the travel business for a legal entity (Sor Toy Gor. 2) signed by the director or authorized representative and sealed.
2. Certificate to confirm that the corporation has resisted lawfully according to the Civil and Commercial Code with the objectives within 6 months (More than half of the board members have to be Thai nationality and Thai board members are authorized to sign and seal the documents according to the Tourism Business and Guide Act 2008.) including the address of the branch. (If there is one.)
3. List of the shareholders ( Bor Or Jor. 5 ) issued this year, vilified by Ministry of Commerce and dates not more than 6 months. (Natural person hold 51%)
4. Memorandum of Association ( Bor Or Jor. 5 ) verified by Ministry of Commerce dates not more than 6 months.
5. The corporate regulation or minutes of establishment (If there is no corporate regulation.) verified by Ministry of Commerce dates not more than 6 months.
6. List of ordinary or limited partnership incorporation (Hor Sor. 2) verified by Ministry of Commerce dates not more than 6 months.
7. Signed copy of ID card of all the directors and authorized representatives. If there are any foreign directors, attach a signed copy of passport and work permit visa.
8. Signed copy of personal name change certificate or the personal name change valuable paper of the director/authorized representative (If there are any.)
9. Signed copy of census registration of all the director/authorized representative.
10. Photos of the front and inside of the office signed by the director/authorized representative and sealed.
- 2 front photos includes the whole building and shows the address and nameplate clearly.
- (The nameplate has to be in Thai and durable. The photos have to be in color, size 4” x 6”)
- 2 inside photos (The photos have to be in color, size 4” x 6”)
11. Map of the office signed and sealed by the director/authorized representative.
12. Proof of ownership or possessory right over the property where the office located.
13. Copy of policy of assurance to provide accident insurance to tourists and tour guides during the trip which covers not less than 500,000 baht per person in case of death, loss of limb or disablement. The insurance has to cover not less than 1 year from the day the application for a license to operate the travel business has been applied.
14. Letter of attorney and copy of ID card of the director/authorized representative, signed and sealed, attached 30 baht stamp with a copy of ID card from the attorney.
15. Security deposits for travel business. (Choose one.)
- Cash/ cashier's cheque to Department of Tourism for …………….. Amount ..................... baht.
(In case of paying by Cash/ cashier's cheque, bring a copy of the corporate certificate not more than 1 month show to the bank.)
Security deposit rate for general travel business with code 11/xxxxx is 200,000 baht, foreign travel business with code 14/xxxxx is 100,000 baht, domestic travel business with code 12/xxxxx is 50,000 and local area with code 13/xxxxx is 10,000 baht.
*** If the new operator puts down the security deposit in the form of cash or cashier's cheque, a copy of the corporate certificate signed and sealed by the director/authorized representative and dates no more than 6 months can be attached and applied to the bank.
16. 2 remit for security deposit, signed and sealed by the director/authorized representative.
17. Travel business license costs 2,000 baht with 1,000 fee, add up to 3,000 baht in total.
18. All the forms can be downloaded from the Department of Tourism’s website.